As a psychotherapist, my certifications are as follows – MCTI® Registered therapist, registered member of Dansk Psykoterapeut Forening (DPF) and a graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Over 10 years, I have specialised in using psychotherapy to alleviate psychological distress. Psychotherapy is especially helpful, when negative thoughts take over, leaving you feeling out of control, or hopeless, and in a pattern of reduced life quality.
I hold the profession of psychotherapy in high regard, and consider the confidence of my clients to be a privilege. In order to live up to the trust placed in me by my them, I strive to:
– Be open to new perspectives through continued learning and consultation with others as needed. This includes maintaining regular supervision from fellow professionals, and keeping up with research by experts in the field.
– Have a sound understanding of, and ability to, apply the ethical standards of the profession. I follow the guidelines set by DPF and BPS.
You can read the full Ethics guidelines on DPF’s website.
My basic foundation of knowledge includes:
- BSc. (Honours) in Psychology (UK)
Theoretical knowledge and understanding of psychological concepts with a focus on Biological Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology & Child Developmental Psychology
- 4-yr Psychotherapist Education (Denmark) at CEKTOS
Training and supervision in cognitive techniques, client diagnostics and psychotherapy with special focus on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) & Metacognitive Therapy (MCT)
- 2-yr Metacognitive Therapy (Denmark & Online) with MCT Institute
Special training and certification in GAD, Depression, PTSD, OCD, Social Phobia, Chronic Low Self-Worth, Psychosis and Personality Disorders
I currently live in Lyngby (Denmark) with my family of 5 – my husband, 2 children and a dog. I have lived, worked and travelled in several countries and across cultures. I am also an Economist (MSc. Finance and Economics from LSE, UK), and previously worked in the financial industry for 10 years, before expanding further into studying the psychological aspects of human behaviour.
In my leisure time, I enjoy rowing, reading and travelling.
As humans go, I am complex, as I expect you are, and finding a therapist that works for you is a subjective experience. It’s an important decision.
Come and have a chat, and we can see if our chemistry works – no strings attached.